The Talking Respect package
The Talking Respect education resource package includes:
- a 101-page facilitator manual
- two series of short videos, which have been embedded into slideshows with discussion questions, to support delivery of two activities on respectful relationships themes
- additional resources to support the effective use of Talking Respect.
The Talking Respect manual
The Talking Respect manual provides detailed information to support you to use the rest of the resource package. It includes four parts:
- Part A: Introduction provides information about Talking Respect, the issues it seeks to address, and how to use it.
- Part B: Principles that underpin Talking Respect provides important information about the principles that inform Talking Respect.
- Part C: Activity facilitators’ notes provides information to support you to use the two Talking Respect activities with young people. The activities each include a series of videos featuring young people from the Northern Territory or animations depicting stories about the experiences of young people from the Northern Territory.
- Part D: Supporting resources provides additional materials to support the effective use of Talking Respect, including resources to help equip facilitators and evaluation tools.
Activity 1: Let’s Talk
Activity 1: Let’s talk features nine short videos produced from excerpts of interviews with young people talking about a range of respectful relationship themes. Find out more and download the Activity 1 resources below.
Activity 2: Turn it around
Activity 2: Turn it around includes two short, animated videos depicting stories on respectful relationship themes. Find out more and download the Activity 2 resources below.
The supporting resources described in Part D of the manual have been designed to support the effective use of Talking Respect. They include activity poster resources, facilitator preparation resources, and evaluation resources.
Find out more and download the supporting resources, by clicking the link below.